- Model Railways
- GRAHAM FARISH
- OO - Train Sets
- OO - Diesel & Electric Locos
- OXFORD RAIL
- OO - Steam Locos
- OO - Diesel/Elec Multiple Units
- OO - SOUND LOCOMOTIVES
- OO - Coaches
- OO - Wagons
- OO - Track & Track Accessories
- OO - Building & Trackside Kits
- N - Sets
- N - Diesel & Electric Locos
- N - Steam Locos
- N - Coaches
- N - Wagons
- N - Track & Track Accessories
- N - Building & Trackside Kits
- Electrical Accessories
- Radio Control
- Model Kits
- Planes & Rockets etc
- Steam Engines
- Die Cast
We are delighted to announce the highly anticipated HK Models ‘Avro Lancaster MK 1 S-Sugar’ will be arriving next week. Recently showcased on the Pocketbond stand at the 2018 Scale ModelWorld Exhibition in Telford, this product was the star of the show – drawing large crowds all throughout the weekend, ordering now is advisable as stocks are now limited.
Designed and built by AV Roe & Co, powered by four Rolls-Royce Merlin engines, the LANCASTER began operations in March 1942 and with its superior speed, height and range was the most efficient RAF bomber of the Second World War.
The kit comprises 23 sprues plus port & starboard fuselage and nose section duplicated in transparent ‘crystal clear’ plastic, port & starboard wings with upper and lower wing surfaces moulded in one piece (pioneered with the Mosquito kit), photo-etch detail parts.
Length 664mm. Wingspan 972mm. 824 parts.
In production, the fuselage and nose section were injected without surface detail in crystal clear plastic first. The moulds were then modified with added surface detail; an irreversible change meaning the clear version can never be produced again.
Three sets of markings are included for RAF Bomber Command aircraft flown in 1943/44 by British and Australian crew:
• Lancaster R5868 as OL-Q Queenie
• Lancaster R5868 recoded as PO-S Sugar – preserved at the RAF Museum Hendon
• Lancaster W4783 AR-G George – preserved in the ANZAC Hall of the Australian War Memorial Canberra
What’s in the box?
• Two fuselage and nose sections – clear plastic and textured grey
• Markings for 3 aircraft comprising R5868 OL–Q Queenie, R5868 PO-S Sugar and W4783 AR-G George
• 27 Sprues + fuselage, wing, nose, over 824 parts!
• Comprehensive assembly instructions
Contact your local Bachmann stockist and place your order today!
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: